? ??????????????Green Fumes? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.3 (219 Ratings)??5882 Grabs Today. 69780 Total Grabs. ?
?????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????????????????????????????????????Phone Booth? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.6 (39 Ratings)??5753 Grabs Today. 42833 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ?? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Machu Picchu

Machu Picchu
Peru

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

From Ihle Grande to Sao Paolo

WE ARE IN THE BIG SMOKE!
After two blissfully glorious days on Ihle Grande we have arrived in Sao Paolo - somewhat of a culture shock after being island bound in carribbean-esque heaven.
Ihle Grande is paradise...an island of stunning beaches, sand bound villages and colour all of which made it very hard to leave and tempting to go back and stay for a good month.
We spent Sunday trekking up the mountain thru the jungle and to the other side of the island where we visited the three main beaches - funnily enough all they did were remind me of home and make me realise we have the most amazing ocean landscape I've ever seen...and possibly ever will.
Sunday night we sat on the beach, sipping Pina Coladas (sans alcohol cos I am already afraid of Cachaca!!) listening to live Brazilian music at an outdoor bar...so amazing!
I am still finding it hard to get used to the NO FLUSHING LOO PAPER rule (it all goes into the bin here!) and the dogs who have total freedom to roam the streets

Yesterday we spent on a bus (7 hours) heading down the coast to Sao Paolo on our quest to reach Iguazu falls by Monday...it's costing a LOT of money to travel here but will be worth it and once we leave Brazil it will be cheap.  We arrived in Sao Paolo, navigated the subway, trudged around for an hour trying to find our hostel (which we walked past four times before we discovered it isn't sign posted, AND there is no apparent logical numerical flow when it comes to house numbering here) by which time we were all fracticious, hungry and a bit grumpy...it is certainly testing the dynamics atm but that is to be expected.

I am not homesick but I wish I had all of my awesome friends/family here to see this with me..
I will upload more photos today for you to get an idea of where I am :)
xx