? ??????????????Green Fumes? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.3 (219 Ratings)??5882 Grabs Today. 69780 Total Grabs. ?
?????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????????????????????????????????????Phone Booth? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.6 (39 Ratings)??5753 Grabs Today. 42833 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ?? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Machu Picchu

Machu Picchu
Peru

Monday, March 1, 2010

MADE IT TO RIO

I MADE IT! woot
after a 36 hour debarkle just to get to Rio, I´m glad to report we (Neil and I) are warm, dry and stayin at a hostel in Rio (http://www.riohostel.com/).
It took an hour to get from the airport to the hostel and it was the most eye opening, insane drive I´ve ever experienced! The favelas are never ending...children walk barefoot in the rain up and down the highway thru the traffic selling food through car windows...it was heart breaking.  The whole city looks like it´s been bombed and not rebuilt...buildings are in ruins, narrow streets and people everywhere. 
I could never have anticipated the poverty and the chaos! It is exhilerating but moving beyond comprehension...It´s pouring with rain here which is a bummer so we will leave on Thursday once Gemma arrives and meander down the coast.
I am about to go to bed as I´m exhausted but full on cheap pizza from a place up the road and ready for a long sleep before fully starting the adventure tomorrow.
<3 xxxxxx